Fresh Garden Salsa Recipes
Garden Fresh Salsa
1 small zucchini
1 small yellow squash
4 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 small roasted red pepper
1 poblano pepper, roasted, seeded and chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
1/2 lime, juice of
salt and pepper
Dice the zucchini and squash into uniform pieces.
Transfer to a bowl and combine with the tomatoes, bell and poblano peppers, and onion.
Mix in the oregano and lime juice.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Let the salsa sit 15 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
Fresh Garden Salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato Paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips
In a bowl, combine green pepper, celery, tomato, onion, carrot, fresh cilantro, and diced tomatoes.
In separate bowl, combine water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, fresh lemon juice, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir into vegetable mixture.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Fresh Salsa Recipes
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Let stand for about 1 hour. Serve at room temperature. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 hot chile peppers, Serrano or Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
Put chopped onion and garlic in a strainer; pour 2 cups boiling water over them then let drain throughly. Discard water. Cool.
Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
Makes about 2 cups of salsa.
3 large ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juice
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, and minced
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles with juice
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Fried Tortilla Chips, recipe follows
Other ingredients you may want to add:
1 small red onion, finely diced
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large avocado, peeled and diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
2 limes, juiced
Combine all ingredients, and any extra ingredients you may want to add, in a large glass bowl. Stir well with a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.